Live Roulette — Play with Real Dealers and Win Real Money
Roulette truly is the game for people who like to take an active part in the gaming process instead of just watching their fate decided without them. That's because it allows you to define how risky and how profitable the next round is going to be when it's time to start and stop betting, and so on.
How I Choose A Live Roulette
Another thing you as a player can control is the quality of the casino you are playing in — and this is a vital factor. You can perfectly know the rules and betting strategies, but it's all useless if you are giving your money to a shady casino. The only way to win is to find a secure website where Live Roulette games are fair, and your money and personal information are protected.
When it comes to online gambling, I spend a lot of time choosing the right casino and the right game for my needs. To make the right choice, I perform a thorough quality check-up and then look for a game that would meet my demands at the moment. To do it, I always ask myself a question: what do I want to get from the game today?
It took me a while to create a list of the top Live Roulette games for every purpose, and now you can also use it to save time and money — believe me, it’s better to get your game from a reliable source than trust your money to the hell knows who and run into danger.
How to Choose the Best Live Roulette Online in the UK
Before we dive into how I choose Live Roulette games for myself, let’s talk a bit about Live Roulette in general. Is it different from Roulette you can play in a land-based casino and a regular online Roulette? To cut it short, Live Roulette is the same game you’d play in any casino — online or offline, but better.
When you are playing Roulette in a land-based venue, you are limited by the opening and closing time of a casino, and you have a lot of people around you, which might be distracting for some players. And, finally, you need to have a casino somewhere near you, which is a luxury for players living in small cities.
Regular online Roulette lacks these drawbacks, but it also lacks the real casino vibe and the possibility to interact with a dealer which makes the game so much more fun. Live Roulette eliminates this final drawback and combines all we love in Roulette in one game — availability, atmosphere, and winnings.
Sounds good? Now it’s time to look closer at my criteria and find a perfect game just for you. These are the questions I ask myself before making a bet in Live Roulette.
1. Opt for realistic live roulettes
What I love in Live Roulette games is that I can feel like I’m playing in a real casino which is impossible if the game is streamed from some poorly-lit studio with bad cameras. That’s why I usually opt for the games streamed from land-based casinos with automatically moving 4D cameras that can ensure 4k resolution.
These games require seamless internet connection though so it’s not something I can play on the go — but high-quality gambling is worth some time and concentration. If you want to try this kind of live gaming experience, check the following realistic live roulettes:
2. Check out live dealers’ professionalism
In live games, your overall experience depends not only on the quality of streaming, graphics, or gameplay but also on the professionality of the dealer you are playing with. In the top-quality games, you’ll be interacting with a good-looking person, a native English-speaker who not only can professionally run the game but is also nice to have a chat with, either by chat or a mic. There are many Live Roulette games with great dealers on my website, but my favourite ones are:
3. Save your time with lightning gameplay
Sometimes, you don’t have time to play a long Roulette round, think of the perfect Live dealer Roulette strategy, and concentrate on the game only — you just want to make a couple of quick bets, get your winnings, and get back to your business.
When I’m in the mood for a fast Live Roulette session, I choose among the speed Roulette tables where everything is more fast-paced than in the regular Live Roulette: you have less time to make your bets, and the wheel is spinning faster. As a rule, I choose one of the following games:
4. Enjoy innovative games
Live casino games sometimes lack dynamics which is evident as you are interacting with a real person, not a soulless machine. When I want more dynamics but still want to play live, I play the double ball Roulette. As you could have guessed from the name, it features two balls on the wheel instead of one. The gaming process is basically the same as in a simple Roulette plus you have two exclusive bets — on two balls landing on the same random slot or on two balls landing on the slot you predict.
Also, there are other unique live dealer Roulettes. Some of them offer different boosters, which significantly modify the gameplay. So, if you want to get a new gaming experience, I strongly recommend you to test your luck in:
5. Try to Make a Packet
Did you know that not all Roulettes are the same and there are at least three main kinds of the game? We’ll talk about the difference between French, American, and European Roulette later but what you should know now is that French Roulette has the highest payout rate as it has only one zero slot on the wheel. That’s why it’s the game I choose when my main aim is to win more money as soon as possible. The variety of French Live Roulettes is huge, and it might be hard not to get confused, so I recommend starting with:
6. Pay attention to mobile optimization
As I already said, a live-dealer Roulette is not my go-to choice when it comes to gambling on the go as it requires a perfect Internet connection, but I still play the game on my smartphone from time to time when I’m sure nothing is going to go down or when I’m too lazy to get up from a couch and take a laptop.
For a Live Roulette to work smoothly on mobile, it should be perfectly developed to fit a smaller screen and don’t freeze or break up. My usual choices, in this case, are:
Basic Information about Live Roulettes
Opt for the best live dealer roulette to get a lot of fun and forget about the COVID-19 restrictions. You can play these games together with your friends and relatives. Also, they offer a great possibility to meet new people and enjoy an innovative gaming experience.
On the other hand, you won’t discover free live online roulettes. The best thing you can do is to watch YouTube videos about a particular game or join its online streaming. Although these games have simple gameplay, I believe that it’s impossible to play them without basic gambling skills and knowledge of casino roulette rules.
Live Roulettes Rules
As well as any gambling game, live roulette has its own unique rules you should consider. Right now, I offer you to get acquainted with the most important basic principles of this table game:
- En Prison Rule. This rule is applied only to even-money bets. If a ball falls on a zero, you will be able to get back half of your initial bet and lose another half. Also, you may leave your bet in a “prison” for the next spin. In this case, you’ll lose your money only if a ball falls again on zero or a number, which doesn’t match the “imprisoned” bet.
- La Partage Rule. This rule is similar to the previous one. However, in this case, you will lose half of your initial bet.
Types of live roulette online bets
Any live roulette casino offers the players the possibility to make two types of bets - outside and inside ones. Consider that you can make several bets to reduce the risk and cover the part of your losses.
I strongly recommend you to opt for outside bets in case you want to have a stronger chance to win something. As a rule, they pay 1 to 1 and 2 to 1. The list of outside bets includes such options as:
- Red or Black. In this case, you bet on red or black numbers.
- Odds or Even. This bet offers you to predict whether the ball will land on any odd or even number.
- 1 to 18 and 19 to 36. This option divides the betting table into two parts. Your task is to guess which one of them will bring you winnings. Many gamblers also call it a High or Low bet.
- Dozens. You can make this bet on one of three dozens of numbers (1-12, 13-24, and 25-36).
- Columns. The betting table may be divided into three columns, and the players can make a bet on each of them, too.
Any inside bet is an option only for a true live casino roulette professional. It won’t provide you with a strong chance to beat the house. However, in case you manage to succeed, you will get a truly generous reward. All in all, there are 6 inside bets:
- Straight/Single. This bet allows you to wager only on one number. It means that your chance to win is very low. The good news is that the bet’s payout is 35:1.
- Split. In this case, you will be able to bet on two nearby numbers. The payout rate for Split is 17:1.
- Street. If you choose this bet, you have to wager on a row of three numbers (such as 5,6,7, or 23,24,25). The payout rate is 11:1.
- Corner/Square. Make a bet on four numbers that form a square (for example, 1,2,4,5). If the ball lands on one of them, the game will reward you with an 8:1 payout rate.
- Six Line/Double Street. You can place this bet on two different rows of numbers. Its payout rate is 5:1.
- Basket. This bet is available only in American roulette. It’s placed only on 00, 0, 1, 2, and 3. Basket has a 6:1 payout rate.
Live Roulette vs Slots: Why the Wheel is So Popular
If I had to name the most popular gambling games in the world, it would definitely be Slots and Roulette. These are the games you can find in every offline and online casino, and millions of players are betting on them every day. I, personally, love both of these games and regularly play slots, but I can understand and explain why many people prefer Roulette:
- You can control things in Roulette. Even though Roulette is a game of luck, just like slots, it’s more controllable when you know what to do. By changing bets and betting strategies, you can maximize your winnings instead of just watching the reels spinning.
- In Roulette, you have better odds of winning. Even though the house edge varies from one game and casino to another, it rarely exceeds 3% for Roulette, and you can make the game even more profitable if you opt for the French version. Once again, you can also control your winnings by trying different betting strategies.
- You can’t play Slots live. To play “live” Slots, you’ll need to take a trip to a real brick-and-mortar casino. To play Live Roulette, you can hit a couple of buttons and feel the vibe from the cosiness of your home or office.
Four Kinds of Roulette Games
If you open the game list of any live casino, you’ll see there are plenty of titles — Speed Roulette, Double-ball Roulette, Auto-Roulette, etc. But all these games can be divided into four main categories:
- French Roulette. This type of Roulette features a wheel with 36 numbers and one zero and the betting table with the horizontally positioned numbers grid. This variation also offers the possibility to make unique bets called announced bets. This is the game with the highest odds, so I always pick it when I need more money.
- European Roulette. This is the most popular type of Roulette, which you’ll find in most of the casinos around the world. It has a slightly different betting table and the identical wheel with 36 numbers and one zero. The main difference is that, unlike the French one, the European Roulette doesn’t allow “la partage” and “en prison” rules. You can read about these cool features in my other roulette guides.
- American Roulette. What differs the American Roulette from the other types of the game is that there is one more pocket — a double zero. This significantly increases the house edge (up to 5.3%) making the game less profitable. I rarely play this one though it has some fans and is worth at least trying.
- Arabic Roulette. This type of live dealer roulette was invented by Evolution Gaming. It’s a perfect option for gamblers that adore Arabic culture. The game features three unique bets - Finales A Cheval, Finale En Plein, and Complete Bets. Plus, it can boast professional native Arabic dealers and high-quality streaming.
Best Live Roulette Tables Developers
It’s a challenging task to choose the best live roulette online. Gambling companies release so many titles that you may spend hours or even days before discovering your perfect option. Luckily, there is no necessity to pay attention to live roulettes released by each provider. You just need to focus only on the most attractive ones.
Evolution Gaming live roulettes
Evolution Gaming is a leader in the development of live dealer games. Its titles are known for top-quality streaming, professional dealers, and advanced interface. They can quickly plunge you into the atmosphere of a luxury land-based casino and provide you with hours of fun. Currently, I adore making bets at the following Evolution Gaming live roulettes:
Playtech live roulettes
If you want to play the combination of high-quality online live roulette and a popular video game, you should opt for Playtech titles. Many of them offer realistic CGI effects mixed with rewarding bonus features and professional dealers. These advantages make the gameplay more thrilling and dynamic. I strongly recommend you to pay attention to the following titles, in case you want to get an unforgettable gambling experience:
Authentic live roulettes
Authentic Gaming has been developing top-quality live casino games since 2015. The company’s products can boast an awesome design and eye-catching gameplay elements. Also, you will be pleased by the jaw-dropping quality of streaming and good-looking professional dealers. Considering the mentioned benefits, there is no wonder that any reputable live roulette casino offers games developed by this company. As for me, its best titles are:
Ezugi live roulettes
Ezugi is extremely popular with gamblers, who adore playing at live roulette online casinos. The company constantly improves its software and releases new titles.
Due to the innovative technologies, almost all its titles are designed with an Autoplay feature. Thus, you can play its games without spending a lot of time. It’s a great option for gamblers who want to make some bets during a coffee break. And if you are such a person, it’ll be a great decision to start with the following titles:
Pragmatic Play live roulettes
Last but not least, it’s impossible not to mention Pragmatic Play since we’ve been talking about the best developers of live roulettes. You can discover the games released by this company almost at any online casino. Its products are known for their smooth gameplay, professional dealers, and high-quality streaming mixed with CGI effects. In case you want to check them out, it’ll be a good idea to start with the following titles:
Live Roulette Recommendations
There are dozens of Roulette betting strategies, and I recommend you read more about each of them and try to find your perfect one — this information is easy to find, and I devoted a whole chapter of my Roulette guide to the strategy options. But today, I want to give you two most useful recommendations that can save you a lot of money and increase your wins.
First of all, you need to feel the “waves” of the game. There will be ups and downs that you need to catch — bet when the winning wave is coming and stop when you are on a losing streak (3-5 loses are enough to stop betting). You’ll need some time before you understand how it works, but when you do, it will change the game completely.
And, secondly, you need to know how to properly manage your bankroll to keep the gambling reasonable and lucrative at the same time. You need to count how much money you bet on every game, how much you win, and how much you lose. The best thing you can do is to set a limit for a day, a week, or a month, and then split it into several parts for several gaming sessions. Once you reach the loss limit, you start betting. If you finish a month with the net profit — you can increase your limit on 50% of that profit.
It doesn’t matter which betting strategies you use, as long as you follow these rules — you won’t lose more than you can afford and there is a chance to hit a decent win.
How to Pick a Casino for Your Live Roulette Games
When you've picked a game to play, there is one more thing left to do — and this thing is even more critical. You need to find a safe live casino where you can play the game and win while keeping your funds and personal information secured. Of course, the easiest way to do it is to choose a website from my UK live casino list where I already checked and double-checked everything. But if you have a lot of spare time and want to do everything by yourself, here are the things to verify in every online casino before you dare to make a bet there:
License. A casino should be licensed by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission if you want to legally play games in the US and be protected by the government. The UKGC is regularly withdrawing licenses from the casinos that can’t comply with the rules, and I bet some of the sanctions imposed after I filed a couple of complaints.
Certificates. It’s better if a casino has a safety and fairness certificate issued by an independent testing agency like eCOGRA.
Security. All the players’ personal data should be protected by at least 128-bit encryption.
Customer support. It’s not the vital factor when choosing an online casino, but I believe it’s nice to have someone to answer your questions or help you if something goes wrong, so I always play at the casinos with 24/7 customer support available via phone and live chat.